Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mermaid in Blue

I haven't been able to participate in the last few Softpencil challenges, but found a little time last night. I absolutely love this mermaid image. She is just adorable! I colored her with copics and added yellow glitter glue to her hair and light blue to her necklace.


This is a closeup of the image. I used my nesties to cut her out, and also to cut a piece of blue. I used my 1" circle punch and attempted to make waves. I adhered my waves with 3D dots for more dimension.


I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I have several (unfinished) projects in the works for Christmas. Some sewing, jewelry, and altered items - I'll share them as I finish them up.

More deets: kraft, copics, cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder, round nesties, ribbon, patterned paper from unknown stack.

Inside Sentiment: Swimming By To Say HI!

This is for the following challenges:

14 comments:

Softpencil said...

I love her glittery hair Lola!!! you did a lovely card! ;)

Thanks a lot to play with us on Softpencil Challenges!!!

Juanita said...

That mermaid is adorable, you did a fabulous job coloring her in. The glitter in her hair is the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at SPCC.

RobbynW said...

You didn't "attempt to make waves" you MADE waves, girl! Way to go! I actually think they are my fave part of the card (and the whole card is fantastic!)...or maybe its your "sand"...never would have thought of doing it like that, but it looks fantastic too. Thanks for sharing!
Robbyn SP Diva

Allison said...

What a sweet little mermaid card! The waves came out awesome! I would have never thought to use a hole punch to make them- very clever!!

Allison - SPCC Diva

Kerry said...

Ohhhh cute, I love her!!! Darling card!!!

perezmom said...

The mermaid is so cute. Great job on the coloring. Thank you for playing along at SPPC!

-Kristin SP Diva

Emily said...

Love that mermaid.

Emily-SP Diva

IRIT SHALOM said...

HI!! JUST WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT ON MY BOOT AND TAG- AND TO SAY THAT YOUR CARDS ARE MOST BEAUTIFUL.. AND THERE IS A PRIZE FOR MOST COMBINED CHALLENGES- MY OWN ROYAL MONTHLY CHALLENGE- I CAN'T TAKE PART IN!!
BUT I GIVE PRIZES AND LAST MONTH ONE GIRL DID 52 CHALLENGES IN ONE CARD!! YOU CAN TRY TOO!! IT'S ON THE TOP SIDE OF MY BLOG
SEE U!!

Melisa said...

super cute little mermaid.

Melisa-SP Diva

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Awwhhh - what a CUTE card!! You did such a great job coloring the lil mermaid - fab!

Deanne - SPCC {Diva}

NĂºria said...

lovely card!!
I like the volume of the sea

SMK said...

how cute!! love the LO, the embossed sand, and the pretty DP!
- SMK {SP Diva}

Stephanie *SP Diva* said...

OMG---this is so cute! Love the little mermaid! Great job! Thanks for joining us at SPCC!

Sandra Farrell said...

so very cute - great job. Beautiful colours. Please check out my blog for blog candy!!! stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin