Monday, August 2, 2010

Christmas Tag

Hello all. Hope you had a great weekend. We didn't do anything "special" but for some reason, I sure am worn out! Anyway, today is Monday with Squigglefly and the current challenge at the blog is:

RIBBON

Since I'm trying to stay ahead of the rush, I'm attempting to make as many Christmas items as possible. And this little pyramid is just perfect! It's Unconventional Christmas Tree by Mark Hicks. I colored it with Copics and added some fuzzy stuff to the white parts on Santa (it's a little hard to see).


See, the other day at Michael's, I turn the corner and there's my DH with all these packages in his hands:

Me: What are you doing?
DH: Look at these!
Me: What are they?!
DH: It's soft stuff for your cards.
Me: How does it work?
DH: I don't know, but I know you can figure it out. And look at all these colors. I'm getting you one of each.


Believe it or not, my husband is quite masculine...but you'd never know it when we're in one of my craft stores! So I used the soft stuff on Santa. Anyway, other details include: ribbon, sewing, cropadile, Cricut cart Celebrations for the to and from (I cut off the "om") cut at 1/2", and white pen.

So don't forget to enter your ribbon creation over at Squigglefly challenge blog! I also recently added all the Squigglefly DT gals' blogs on the right ---->

5 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute tag!! Love the red ribbon on the bottom

Sandy from Ukiah said...

lol.. what a sweet hubby.. love your card

Tracey said...

Great image & you've made a great unconventional Christmas card with it - I love it!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Holly said...

This is wonderful! I love your ruffled ribbon and think it's super sweet of your hubby to shop for you at Michaels!

Amy said...

soooo pretty. love what you did with that ribbon!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin