Friday, October 1, 2010

Blog Hop with Designed2Delight

Welcome to the Designed2Delight Designer's World Card Making Day Blog Hop!!



If you are here from Kendra's Blog, then you're right on track. If not, you'll want to start at the BEGINNING so you don't miss out on any of the fun and freebies!

My One Sheet Wonder is being brought to you today by the letter:




Anyone know what a OSW (one sheet wonder) is? It's taking one piece of DP and making several cards out of just the one sheet. The first thing I did was draw lines on a blank piece of 8.5 x 11" paper. Then I picked out a piece of DP (the same size). I cut the DP at all the lines and got to work.


Here's my OSW:



Here are the cards I made - a gift for my little cousin in Reno.



I used Dollar Delights from the D2D store, colored with Copics, nestabilities, Ranger Ink, glaze, plain cardstock, and sewing.


Sentiments are Inkadinkado, G Stamps, and Stampin' Up. I think OSW's can be challenging because I never know how much to embellish! Believe it or not, I used every piece of DP!


Now, more Hop Info:


Blog Hop Fun Details:



  • Each blog has something special for you: either a FREEBIE or a letter to collect along the way

  • Grab your pen and paper and collect all the letters in the order of the blog hop. They will spell out a special code for you that will get you a FREE DOLLAR DELIGHT digi stamp at the Store. Code good til the end of Sunday October 3rd.

  • Join us at CDAC for more World Card Making Day FUN and PRIZES and an exclusive discount for members only.

Next on the Hop is the very talented Kathy


Thanks so much for Hopping along and I hope you get a chance to get crafty today!!

24 comments:

Faith S. said...

Wow!! Love this!

Thea said...

Wow, now there is the way to use DP! Thanks for the ideas.

Kathy said...

Lola, this is great! I always have so many little scraps left, I will give this a try. They coordinate so nicely together this way, too. Great gift for your cousin!

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW...amazing!! Thanks for sharing, that is such a neat idea, makes a great gift set! Great job!

Emily Painter-Davis said...

Spectacular! You must be good at math too. lol
Great cards.

Em

BearyWishes said...

Wow, I should try this! I love them all and beautifully coloured!
Kathie xx

Tink said...

LOVE THEM! I have to try this..

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun set of cards! :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! your cards are wonderful! What a beautiful collection!!!

Kristine said...

OH WOW... LOVE them all!! I haven't done a OSW in years! And when I did it included stamping all over it, which I've been so into digis lately but I will DEFINATELY have to give this a try with my DP!! Fun FUn! Loving all the inspiration sheets as well. You ladies did a super job for this special hop! *Ü*

Pat said...

Awesome cards, Lola! Thanks for reminding us of a great way to get the most mileage out of our paper.

DQ said...

Love the card! I've never done nor heard of OSW before, have to give it a try, Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

It's been awhile since I've done a one sheet wonder. Awesome cards!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Awesome Lola! I've read about OSW's but never saw a sample [like you showed] on how to break the sheet down. Yeah... I'm a real visual person. You've inspired me so now I've got to try this. TFS

Gail said...

ty for the incentive to try this out..beautiful creations..tfs..loves ya

Sherrie Conner said...

Awesome Lola!! It doesn't get any better than this!! :)
Happy WCMD!! :)

Kim Mc said...

Wow, Lola! Love the card set and your take on a one-sheet wonder is fabulous! Thank for the inspiration and so glad we're teamies now!

Aloha, Kim Mc

Linda said...

Beautiful cards and what a great OSW sheet. I haven't made any of these for a long time.

STAMPING SAM said...

Love the OSW, thanks for the inspiration that hopefully I will get motivated to do!

Annette said...

What a fantastic idea, thank you for sharing :-)

Annette

Jenn Zeeb said...

love the cards, now I want a sewing machine, haha

Holly said...

I used to love doing one sheet wonder cards. They really do help you crank out a bunch of cards at one time. I love all of your cards Lola!

Maria Matter said...

these are wonderful Lola!!!

I never tried doing a one sheet wonder, how cool is that!!!
You really ROCKed this method, beautiful cards hun!

I will have to try it some time! Thanks for the inspiration!
hugs & blessings!

Cheryl Valadez said...

What a fabulous set of cards! Each one is lovely and put them altogether and you have a serious, over-the-top, "wow" project! Love that you used one sheet! I am such a paper waster, so this is certainly something I'll use! Hugz, Cheryl

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin