Thursday, November 26, 2009
2S4U. This card has a kraft base, sewing, distressing and inking.
The Character Cafe Challenge Blog for your chance to enter this weeks challenge. You have until next Thursday night to post your creation using Mr. Linky.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I don't remember the name of this stamp set, but it is absolutely adorable! I really like the colors on this card. There's even a touch of glitter on his nose.
Monday, November 23, 2009
This is a new digi over at the AiFactory Store, colored with my copics, cut and embossed with my nesties, and adhered with pop dots.
This card goes with the following challenges:
- Colour Create - Green, Red, White
- Daring Cardmakers - The First Letter (3 things using the first letter in your name: Little kids, Layers, La La La La La - does that make 7?)
- All Sorts - Christmas Carol (does my sentiment count?)
- Card Patterns - Sketch 42
- Whimsy Stamps - Christmas
- Frosted Designs - Paper Tearing (my green half circles)
So for your chance to enter the AiFactory Challenge, create something, anything, using any other challenge and an AiFactory image (there are plenty of FREEBIES if you don't have any already) and enter at the challenge blog by next Tuesday.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
- crafting - papercrafts, baking, sewing, silversmithing, looking online for more crafts...just can't get enough
- spend time with my family and friends
- traveling - anywhere. We like to take road trips and we're so fortunate that Bean is so good wherever we go. She was asking just yesterday if we could go to a hotel (she likes taking her duck float into the hot tub).
- drinking - coffee and tea that is! Voodoo is my favorite tea, and I like white almond mochas.
- yard work - yup, I like working on my yard, trimming my roses, planting flowers and seeds
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I hope you will head on over to Character Cafe to enter your creation for a chance to win this weeks prize. You have until next Thursday to upload your card to Mr. Linky.
Here are the challenges I have incorporated into my card:
The Character Cafe - sketch
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Digital Image (my super cute reindeer)
SPCC - colors: real red, certainly celery, bashful blue (don't you just love their fancy names?)
Little Red Wagon - distress
Also, I hope you will visit the rest of the Character Cafe design team. They have some awesome creations this week! You can find their blog links on the right --------->
I used LD Beatnik for "Party!" and DB Hoos Birthday for the owl. See, my plan is to get SCAL someday so I can really use these fonts to their potential! Basically, I've been putting it off because I'm not sure if I'll be able to learn it.
I happen to like frogs. This is from DB Forest Friends and the "Hi" is freebie LD Going Nuts. I created a 1.5" circle template long ago, so whenever I do one of these cards, I just change out the color and put whatever I want inside. I use my 1.5" punch and place it on top a scallop circle. Instant embellishment.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Isn't he just too cute? Stampin' Up sells the little cups (M&M's not included ;) ) and I've seen them used in the most creative ways. The size of this card is going to be great for either a gift card or cash. I'm not sure who I'm going to give this to just yet, but I wonder if they will take the card apart to get to the candy.
The teeth on this little guy just makes me laugh! Last year we made a singing reindeer - and I'll post the pic if I have one. These singing creatures are just too cute!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Friday's are The Character Cafe challenge blog days! Super fun challenges with a chance to win a digistamp....I hope you will join in. The challenge begins this Friday and you have until next Thursday night to upload your creation to Mr. Linky. The challenge this week is to create a 3D item. For inspiration, please visit the DT blogs ------> their links are on the right hand side under The Character Cafe DT----------> They are super talented and will provide much inspiration!
- Softpencil - flower(s)
- SP Color Combos - melon mambo, black, yoyo yellow, not quite navy (I used the closest colors I had)
- My Grafico - stitching (LOVE stitching)
- Card Patterns - layout
- Papertake Weekly - digi and sparkle (I put plenty of sparkle on her shirt and hair bow)
- Little Red Wagon - scraps (believe it or not, everything used was from scraps - even the kraft cardbase (which has stamping on it but I covered it))
- Daring Cardmakers - kraft (LOVE the kraft)
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Regina, please contact Kendra at email@example.com to receive your free image! And for all others who were great enough to play along, I hope you will visit me more often, and of course, visit The Character Cafe Challenge Blog for Friday Challenges, and Tek Tuesdays where you can learn something new!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Thursday, November 5, 2009
More Blog Hop details:
- Want to win the full set of new releases? Comment on all the blogs then leave a comment at the Character Cafe letting them know you commented on all blogs for an entry.
- To get another entry, post about the blog hop on your blog - make sure to leave another comment at Character Cafe letting us know you posted info on your blog.
- "Remember" is the discount code at TCC in order to receive 40% off your order (only good through Friday, November 13 at noon).
2) With insert folded (right sides together), use a pencil to write out measurements. You can lightly mark this side all you want since it will be hidden in the end. I find the very center (since I want my pop-up in the center) and mark it with pencil. I then make a straight line at 1.5" from the fold (this can be at any measurement, but for this card, I chose 1.5").
5) Carefully turn the cut portion to the INSIDE of the card. Your insert should look like this at the fold:
My completed card inside:
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
We recently got a kitten and named her Sid. I was hoping she was going to be an outside cat who hunted down bugs or mice (during certain times of the year, there are lots of field mice - they are incredibly cute, so I prefer they just go away...on vacation....I don't ask where, just that they are gone). Well, Sid doesn't really like being outside. She likes to snuggle on my pillow, sleep on me, drink fresh water from the faucet, and hang around while Bean takes a bath playing with the water. Anyway, this super cute digistamp from Softpencil reminds me of her:
Here are the challenges:
Softpencil - Bow
Creative Card Crew - Ribbon and Gems
Spoonful of Sugar - Sketch
The digi is from Softpencil. You can find her work at her Etsy site or at AiFactory. I colored it with Bics (my DH currently put in an Ebay bid for 76 copics! Wish us luck). Don't get me wrong, I love my bics, but I do "need" more colors. Circle cut with my nesties, and snowflake embellishment is a Cuttlebug die, all cut in the bug. Added sewing, a ribbon (bow) and gems on the tree.