Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Make a Puzzle to Color

Hello and happy Wednesday. Today at Catch the Bug, it's my turn to share a tutorial. I've got something super quick and easy, and would make a great stocking stuffer...or, my plan is to include it in one of the pockets of Bean's advent calendar that I'm currently working on.

So what is it? It's a PUZZLE TO COLOR.

I included a tag that shows what the puzzle will look like put together.

1) I printed out one large image for the puzzle, one small image for the tag, mod podge, and a cereal box (I'm all for recycling).


2) Apply mod podge to printed side of cereal box - it doesn't show through once the CS with image is placed on top.


3) Place larger image on cereal box to adhere/dry. While this is drying, it's a good time to color in your tag.


4) Time to die-cut! I'm using the puzzle from Cuttlebug and a nestability for the tag.


5) Here's the puzzle, tag and bag ready to decorate with ribbon or whatever else you can come up with. A good addition would be a couple crayons but since this is going to Bean, she has plenty of markers to color up her puzzle!

Thanks for joining me today with my tutorial. Like I said: simple and fast and great for little gifts for kids.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

WOW ! This is such a fantastic idea Lola ! What a cute present ! Hugs and love from Catherine

April said...

This is a great idea! I may have to find that die so I can make some up for a Sunday School project!

Laura said...

Cute! I didn't know there was a puzzle die cut! Thanks for the idea.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a clever idea, I don't have that die but looks like I might need it. I don't have little kids but love the idea... I am sure Bean will love it. Hugs from ukiah

Christina Hicks said...

What a great idea for a stocking stuffer. Little kids would get such a kick out of it. Great tutorial!

Jodie Mackrell said...

fabulous idea Lola! love your coloring too!

Jamie M. said...

Love love this idea!! I am going to have to make some of these from my students.
http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin