Monday, July 12, 2010

Lip Balm Holder

Happy Monday! Last week I stumbled across Project Tuesday. They have a weekly challenge, but not for cards. Since I've been trying to make more "not-card" items, I thought I'd jump right in. Last weeks challenge was to make a lip balm holder.


First I thought: I don't really need a lip balm holder made of paper. Then I saw the examples and said "duh! It's a cute gift idea!" I was a little slow last week.

I used the small dots paper from Pink Petticoat, the digi is Beach Duck by Mark Hicks from Squigglefly colored with copics (I used white pen on his teeth since I was having coloring issues!), and the Summertime Cricut cut is from Stretch Your Imagination at 3" plus shadow.

OK, so I don't give out much lip balm, but I was thinking with a little adjustment inside, you could easily fit a roll of Life Savers or something! How cool is that? And a little FYI: the challenge today at the Squigglefly Challenge Blog is Christmas in July! So if you want to get a jump start on your cards, make sure to enter your card in the challenge!

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Heehee!! How adorable! I think it's a great gift idea! Shall I send you my address? (*snicker*)

Holly Young said...

What a fun little gift to make! I love your duck - the teeth crack me up just because they're there!

Jean Addis said...

How cute! Lip balm holders do make fabulous little gifts. Thank you so much for joining us at Project Tuesday.

Maureen Reiss said...

That's sooooooooo cute!! Love that idea

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh what a cute idea..

KimS said...

This is adorable!!! And..what a great idea about the lifesavers!! Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday!!!

Maria Matter said...

oh this is such a fun idea!!! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin