Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mini Monsters

Hello all. Just one more day till Friday! Anyway, last Saturday I got a new Cricut cart: Mini Monsters. It has some of the cutest creatures ever! Can you say "Halloween Crack?!" But I couldn't wait till October to start playing with it.

OK, so there's a bunch of monsters, but I also found this adorable frog with crazy eyes. The paper is K&Co's Wild Saffron. The layout is Card Patterns #73, and the sentiment is Stampin' Up's Circle of Friendship.

BTW, the frog is cut at 2" and shaded with chalk inks. I also added glaze to his eyes just for the heck of it.

There's also a card feature on this cart, so I cut the "Icky" card at 5.5" in white for the base.

The rest of the cuts are also at 5.5" - regular, layers and shadow. I added sewing around the pansa (belly), one of his crazy eyes and tail. I'm not sure yet about adding a sentiment, but I just had to try the card feature. So I've got a jump start on Halloween!
Have a great Thursday and see you tomorrow with my jump start on Christmas!

4 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

Super cute cards!! Love the frog one!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh I love the frog one too, he is soooo cute.

Faith S. said...

SUPER cute!! My kids would LOVE these cards!

Alica said...

love these cards - totally cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin