Friday, August 3, 2018

Stand Tall Pineapple Card

Hello! So close to the weekend, not that I have any plans, but I just really feel I need a break.  With school starting so soon, I feel overwhelmed....but I don't know with what!  We have most of the supply shopping done, and all the clothes purchased, but I feel like I should be doing something.

I guess this is anxiety.

But today I'm sharing a card I made with a new Sizzix die I recently purchased with some birthday money from my dad.
This is for my little cousin who is currently going through a lot at the moment.  I know the outside seems a little plain but just wait - plus, I loved that it came with the perfect sentiment too.
The card opens so cute.  I did have trouble with those "marks" or "indentations" or whatever, left when the die goes through the Cuttlebug - know what I mean?  Not sure if there is a secret to avoid those, but they are more noticeable on the inside.  So I wrote my message on the white areas to cover up all the wrinkles/marks/indentations.

So that's it for me.  I'm off to worry about stuff that doesn't currently exist.

This meets the following challenges: Classic Design Team August Challenge: Anything Goes (must be on a DT), Crafts Galore Encore: Anything Goes, Crafty Gals Corner: Tropical Colors, and Mod Squad Challenge: Shaped Cards.

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

How unique and utterly creative, I have never seen anything like it Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!
. I love everything about it.

MiamiKel said...

I love it - marks and indentations weren't even noticed until you mentioned it, just sayin' :) This is so beautiful - more so that you made it with someone special in mind to brighten their day. So thoughtful of you! Good luck with school- 3 weeks to go and I'm SO BUMMED!! NOT. READY.

Lisa Lynn said...

This is so fun. Great die. Wonderful paper.

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Wow! What an amazing card! It's sure to cheer her up! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
Blessings,
CGC DT
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is so cool love it Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Very very original!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge August "ATG".
Ileanaxx

Hester said...

Fabulous card! Love the shape!

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Hesters DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin