Saturday, July 28, 2012

Breastfeeding Necklace

I love browsing Etsy and  I really enjoy handcrafted items.  I've had my eye on the gorgeous glass beads made by DeniseAnnette for the longest time.  But if you don't grab what you want right away, someone else will!  So this time, I acted fast and got me this little guy:

He came beautifully packaged and is a wonderful size.  The colors are nice and vibrant and I love his little heart.
So what did I make with him?  Well, my subject line gave it away: a breastfeeding necklace.  I didn't really know what these were but thought I'd make one anyway since Sprout has fast growing, razor sharp nails.  He has absolutely no sharp areas and has so much texture!
It's as easy to make as it looks.  I spent more time finding the wooden circles.  I finally found them at Joann's in the curtain section.  So I put it on at feeding time and it was a success!!  You never really know if things "work" or not, but Sprout immediately grabbed on and kept those little nails busy - and I walked away without scratches!

I will be linking this up with Tatertots & Jello, Flamingo Toes, Skip to My Lou, and Inspire Me Fridays.

7 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh yes, he is a cute little fellow, glad you were able to get him AND glad it works. That would definitely be no fun getting those little nails stuck into you...

Unknown said...

Lola this is fabulous how colourful too what a fabulous piece well done Hugs Elaine

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Just popping over to say hi and hope you are having a wonderful summer...

Tracey said...

Stunning necklace Lola & what a fab idea :)
I hope you're having a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shannon White said...

Aww, so clever and cute too! And Really glad it was a success as well! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

ali naqvi said...

Fantastic idea's..!! Plastic card printing

awa said...

I was more than happy to uncover this great site. I need to to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and I have you bookmarked to see new information on your blog.
Web Hosting in Lahore

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin