Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Helping Friends Gruffies Valentine Card

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a card for a few challenges.  Honestly, I'm not a big Valentine fan, but I do my best to be festive for my girls for most holidays - including this day of "love."

This year I made a card for my bestie (who is also single) and I plan to surprise her at work with a  box of chocolates.  With her kids all grown up...well, I have a feeling they are so into their lives right now that they might forget their mama.  So hopefully I will put a smile on her face.  Of course I'm not going all lovey-dovey, but I have the required red, heart, and inside reads "happy valentine's day."  Sentiments are from a Stampin' Up Paper Pumpkin kit and that scribble heart is a Sizzix die cut.

This Gruffies stamp is SO us.  We might not see each other often, but we are there for each other in times of need....or when we really need a margarita!

So, this will be entered in the following challenges: House-Mouse and Friends: Love, Dragonfly Journeys: Red, and CardzTV Challenge #31: Anything Goes.

10 comments:

America said...

Hi Lola! This Gruffies image is colored so richly and perfectly! Love the papers and elements you've added too! A great HM make. Thx for joining the fun at HMFMC & good luck! :) America

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Lola, an amazing and creative card and colours.Beautiful and thoughtful card for your friend too. Thanks so much for entering into our ANYTHING GOES/LOVE current challenge and good luck in the draw. . {aNNie}Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Sue said...

I love the Gruffies, just aren't enough of them. Your color work is beautiful, and your Bestie is going to love this card. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and sharing it with us.

Hugs
Sue

Bunny said...

Wow! Your coloring is fantastic. I think it's so nice that you made this for your bestie and you're bringing her a sweet. Kids do tend to be busy with their lives and can forget about mama. I'm sure she'll love it. I do. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

Lisa Lynn said...

Too cute.

Lisa Lara said...

WOW this card is beautiful Lola. I love that yellow heart. Perfect coloring gf.

Jeannie said...

Hi Lola! So super sweet and I really like your coloring too. Perfect for a special friend. Thanks so much for joining my Power of Red blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so beautifully colored Lola-and I know those Gruffies need a special touch to get the coloring just right...not easy and you have definitely made this image shine! Your friend will treasure your card-so thoughtful! Thanks for sharing with HMFMC too-such a special card! ♥ Sue Kment

Christine said...

Hi Lola awww I think your friend is gonna Love this wonderful gesture you have planned, what a wonderful friend you are..Adore this cute Gruffie image super coloring great design fab work.

Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends Mon chall.. hope to see you again soon.


smiles Christine xx

Dorte said...

Such a sweet card for your friend, Lola. Thanks so much for entering into our ANYTHING GOES/LOVE challenge and good luck in the draw.
Dorte x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin