Monday, November 22, 2010

3 Posts in 1

Hello and happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend. I was able to clean the living room carpet, sew, embroider, and make a few more Christmas cards. I was very productive!

Today is Squigglefly Monday, and that means a new challenge:

THANK YOU/GIVE THANKS

I used Lettering Delights for he papers, the Journal Blocks are by Ashley Summers, and sentiment uses Ballpark font. Except for the sewing, this is an all digi card!

This card meets the following challenges:
There's a lot going on at Squigglefly right now. This weekend, there was a big release and THREE new artists were introduced. One of the new artists is none other than fellow design team member Marlene! Squigglegly is also welcoming Brian Lock and Suzanne Urban.

********************************************

Here is another card for this years mail out:

The image is Maisy Dressing Snowman by Diane Carubia, colored with Copics and Prismas. The DP is from Me & My Big Ideas (from 2 years ago I think). The sentiment is Stampin' Up's Small Script, sewing, and a little chalk ink.

This card will be entered in the following challenges:

************Not A Card****************

I found these beanies at Target this weekend for only $1 and thought "what a deal!" So later that night I put my machine to work and embroidered the snowflakes and Beanie's name. She loved it! I'm going to put it in the wash to see (and hope) that it shrinks a bit.

I think these would make GREAT gifts! Oh, and Bean is into self-expression lately, so excuse the pic.

18 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I would say you were very productive..I wish I had been. Beanie is such a little doll..I thought her name was Beanie, you embroidered Lola (I thought that was your name).. now i am totally confused. lol..

My ideas are really silly, going to make her a cupcake sock and I saw someone that took leaves and made soap out of them.. Really a cool idea. I will post them if I can ever find the right soap..

AND your cards are totally awesome as usual, love your coloring and your sewing.. beautiful.

Kathy said...

Great cards, love the snowman one, the coloring and stitching look beautiful. Your little Bean is the cutest, love how she is hamming up for the camera! The hat looks great too, fun project!

Wendy said...

Love the colors on your thanks card. The snowman card is adorable too!! Thanks for joining us this week at StampInsanity!! :)

Vicki said...

Beautiful cards Lola....I love the sewing on each of them...adds a special touch. You daugher is a cutie pie!

HUGS!
Vicki

Unknown said...

wonderful x Thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

LindaS said...

I really love how the stiching makes your cards so much more interesting.

Holly Young said...

Two wonderful cards Lola. I love the clean and simple design on the first one, and your second card is colored so lovely! I think the little hat looks adorable! love the embroidered snowflakes. Who wouldn't love a personalized hat with a cute design?
Your little one is precious!

Beth said...

Great cards!! Love the simplicity of the first, abd the fab papers and coloring of the second! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your sketchy sketch layout with us at StampInsanitY! :)

Marlene said...

Gorgeous cards, Lola!

Thanks for stopping by and wishing me a Happy Birthday today, too!

~amy~ said...

Haha...love it...the pic and your cards:)

Deirdre said...

Great hat, neat idea. Love your cards.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

Julie M said...

Very pretty cards Lola - I love the bright colours on the Christmas one, cute image too.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Lovely cards you made. The first one is beautiful, clean and simple and the second one I love the bright colours and the image. Great job.
Lovely oicture of your kid...lol..

Hugs, Rosalien

Maria Matter said...

adorable photo!!!
beautiful cards, love the clean design of your thanks card and your coloring on the second card is brilliant Lola!
xxx

cardmaking bird said...

Great cards and I do love the beanie - the little one wearing it is pretty cute too! Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Challenges. Marie x

Unknown said...

Lovely cards thanks for playing at StampinSanity
Luv Jane xxx

KC said...

great card! and congratulations on winning....Thanks so much for sharing your sketchy sketch layout with us at StampInsanitY!

Erica said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Groovy Gurls at SI!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin