Hello all. I've been making things to include in Bean's advent calendar - not just chocolate or activities, but small items I know she would appreciate.
Here I am sharing how to make Jingle Bell earrings
: STEP 1
: What you need for EACH earring (so all this times 2):
1) Chain. From the chain cut: one piece with 3 LINKS, one piece with 5 LINKS, and one piece with 7 LINKS. Yes, you will cut off and throw away links as necessary.
2) 4 jump rings - I'm using 4mm, but you can always use larger ones
3) 3 small bells - I'm using 6mm bells (found at Hobby Lobby)
4) Fish hook ear wire
1) Open jump ring (sideways method is best)
2) slip on bell
3) slip on end of first chain
4) Close jump ring
One jump ring should now have bell and links. Do this with each bell and links. You have now used 3 bells, 3 lengths of chain, 3 jump rings.
1) Open the 4th and final jump ring
2) Slip on the 3 jump rings with chains and bells attached
3) Slip on ear wire
4) Close jump ring. The ring is small and I suggest using two sets of pliers for each step, so be patient when closing the final jump ring with all the other components on it.
Enjoy your earrings! And just a note: Bean LOVES these