Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Composition Book Cover

Hello all and Happy Tuesday! Today I want to share with you a composition book cover I put together this weekend. See, I got this great Baby Lock sewing/embroidery machine from my ma a little over a year ago. I use it mainly to sew on my cards, and I've made a few clothes for Bean. But this year, I hope to REALLY use it!

This came together in a little under an hour. I added a pen holder on the spine...but I'm already thinking of other options. There are a total of 3 layers - top is quilted, batting, and muslin for the underside. Super easy!

This is going to Bean's teacher for Christmas. Yes, Christmas...we're a bit late. Hope you all are having a great and crafty day! Thanks so much for stopping by. I appreciate it!

3 comments:

AliKat said...

Hi Lola.I`ve wrote about you in my lastest blog. What you wrote about me....WOW. Thanks to you my confidences has shot through the roof. How can I ever thankyou.Love and hugs to you and your family. Alison xxxx

MiamiKel said...

Wow, Lola! This is absolutely beautiful! What a vision this compostion notebook cover is - this would be all the rage with the high schoolers! Gorgeous! Best wishes with your masters - I'm halfway through mine and never finished since having "babies", lol ..... one day! Happy New Year to you!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

You are so amazing.. sounds like I am not the only one that you are out encouraging. Love the cover, you are so creative. I can't wait to see you scrapbooking.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin