Friday, August 7, 2009

So I'm a Little Late

My little one turned two....in May. I know, I know, it's already August. I barely put together a party at the last minute and didn't even think about a card. I knew I needed to make her one, because my plan is that every year, I write on one side of the card about memories and feelings, and her Daddy writes on the other side - usually not as mushy as what I put on paper tho.
So when I saw the latest card sketch over at Splitcoaststampers SC240, I knew it was time to make her birthday card. And I also knew I wanted to use my Cricut on this one.
I used Stretch Your Imagination and cut the cake at 3" out of glitter CS - used multi cut 2. Wow, that stuff is messy and does a number on your cutting mat! I also cut the cake using the silhouette feature in pink. I tried it in glitter pink CS first, but didn't like the look. I think the regular pink CS, shaded with chalk inks and glazed, looks much better.
I used plenty of pop dots on this one. The circle is cut with George at 3.5", the DP is from my unknown stack, and the border strip is done with a Martha Stewart punch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin