Friday, January 27, 2017

Monkey Love Freebie

Hello and Happy Friday! Yay, I have made it to the weekend! Want to know what's cool about Fridays?  Bugaboo Stamps gives away a digistamp for free!  Here is a card featuring this weeks freebie Raggedy Critters Monkey:
Sprout wanted a sock monkey....so I found Beanie's old monkey, washed it, sewed the cap back on, and voila, good as new!  So this is her Valentine's Day card this year.  I've been wanting to paper piece something for a while now, and thought this would be perfect.  I added a little banner, stamped with single letters from the Michael's $1 bin.  I'll let her have it on Valentine's Day, then it will disappear into her box of memories to be handed over when she's 18.  Anyway, that's it for today.  Don't forget to pick up your freebie!

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE Lola!! Love your card design and especially her paper pieced outfit! So cute!! Happy weekend!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Love your card Lola, especially the paper pieced clothing. Gret colours too.
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Lisa Lara said...

oh I love the paper piecing you did on this cutie Lola. So fun.

Anonymous said...

Super adorable! Love how you used the same paper on her dress and on the card background!

Going over to pick up my monkey. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Evelyn

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Darling...always wanted to learn how to make a real sock monkey. My sister did it growing up but no one taught me.

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, love your paper piecing and wonderful colouring.Yes, I have picked up my freebie :0).
hugs
Glenda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin