Friday, September 18, 2009

My Big Brother Turns 40

My brother lives in Colorado, so I don't get to see him much and I wanted to be sure to make him something special.
Why Elmo? Why not? He's much like a kid, and from what I understand, age is just a mind-set. Elmo is from the Sesame Street Friends Cricut cart cut at 3.5", I distressed his "fur" a little and popped up his nose. I printed the balloons in blue on blue cardstock. The balloon doodlebat is DB Borders from Scrapnfonts, and the sentiment font is CK Kiddo.
Here's the inside. I used Plantin Schoolbook for the 40 and the computer generated font is CK NiteLite. I included $2 and 5 dimes taped inside. Do you remember getting change taped to the inside of a card when you were young? That was so cool! I don't think kids get gifts like that anymore. They get actual presents wrapped up. Whatever.

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so fun, awesome job.

de said...

This is amazing! Happy birthday to your brother too!

Julzmom said...

this is too cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin